Monday, November 17, 2014

Tiny House

I'm still in a bit of a funk after being sick, but finally starting to feel like myself again! Today's post is another meme, because I am tired.

Someone's paying you to move into one of those tiny house everyone is talking about. If you can survive a whole year in that house with just the things on this list, you get a bajillion dollars. Tell us how you fill in this List Of Things You Can Take With You:

5 books
3 outfits
You have a fridge/stove/oven - but you can only take 1 counter-top appliance
1 DVD collection of a TV show (your budget doesn't allow for Netflix)
1 childhood artifact
They will give you ONE subscription to a magazine - what is it?

1) Pride and Prejudice, The Bible, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Watchers, and HP and the Deathly Hallows. If you know me even a little bit, four of these five will not surprise you. 
2) It's all about the layers and the accessories! I will definitely want comfy stretchy pants, sweaters, blazer, pashmina, sneakers, boots, sandals, and comfy tank or tshirt for layering. 
3) My countertop appliance would be a crock pot, but I seriously debated a food processor because it is more versatile. However, I use my crock pot all the time and don't even own a food processor, so that made the decision easy. 
4) I don't have a favorite tv show, so nothing in this category really jumped out at me as a must-have. With that in mind, I think I would choose The Simpsons because there are a million episodes I've never seen, and I know it'll amuse me. 
5) I don't have too many relics from my childhood. No favorite stuffed animal or anything like that. For this one, I think I would pick a deck of cards. I played a lot of cards as kids: with my brothers, with our grandparents and extended family, on the bus, and at school. And I know many different kinds of solitaire!
6) National Geographic. Hands down. 

My initial reaction is that I could do this challenge. Yes, I have a bunch of stuff, but I'm an introvert and have spent a bunch of time in tight quarters on ships. My house in Astoria was pretty small and I almost never went in the spare bedroom, so I'm pretty sure this wouldn't bother me for one year. And who knows, maybe it would convince me to pare down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.