Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Brunch

I know, I know, I'm talking about food. Again. What can I say? I live in Italy, and the food is generally amazing. I hadn't seen my friend Fernanda in a few weeks and I asked her if she wanted to get together this weekend for lunch or dinner. Instead, she suggested brunch at Villa Delle Rose, a place she's mentioned a few times before and suspected I would like. One of our other friends is also flying solo, so the three of us carpooled from base.

We pulled up to the cutest old farmhouse! This place epitomized shabby chic with a romantic kind of vibe. I'm talking farm tables painted white, bird cages and flowers, mirrors and ribbons. It was adorable, and perfect for a girls' get-together. Note: if you come visit me, and you are even remotely a brunch person, we are going to have Sunday brunch at this place!

Villa Delle Rose
They offer a fixed price menu, twenty euro buffet with drinks included. We had five different types of freshly squeezed juices to choose from to mix mimosas with. The orange juice was of course delightful but the peach-apricot was amazing! I cannot even begin to list all of the different kinds of foods available; it was like a tapas bar for the brunch crowd. Multiple kinds of pastries and quiches, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed zucchinis, cheese and meats, breads, olives, sandwiches, quinoa, salads, soups, veggies, tortes (including the famous Sacher torte and of course torta de la nonna), and a crepe station. Suffice to say, I stuffed my face and was quite pleased. And the best part of all, I got to catch up with new friends. I'm really starting to feel at home here, and steadily adding new places to my collection of favorites.

Check it out: http://www.villadellerosevicenza.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.