Saturday, November 15, 2014

Back in the saddle

My post title is figurative, not literal. Today was my first day back at work since early July, and it felt pretty good. The vast majority of the work day was spent in the Fish and Wildlife Conservation auditorium at an all-hands meeting. We heard from all of the command cadre as well as the Reserve Force Readiness Staff, and after lunch we had briefings from TRICARE and MetLife (dental) representatives. I was also able to take care of a few pending admin issues, and I got my email back up and running, too

After work I changed into civilian clothes and headed over to Vinoy Park in downtown St. Pete. for RibFest. It's an annual fundraiser that - as you can imagine - has lots of barbecue, fair foods, and live music. This year's Saturday night headliner is Lynyrd Skynyrd! I heard them nine or ten years ago in Hawaii, and I was so tired that I fell asleep standing up! I'm hoping to stay awake this time around, but I'm still recovering from my cold and adjusting to the time change, so we will see. If nothing else, it's a good chance to hang with some of my in-laws and eat yummy ribs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.