Monday, March 17, 2014

windy & rainy with a chance of boobs & books

At least it's a warm rain.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. The Tampa Bay got inundated with a wall of rain today, and we're under a tornado watch until 11pm. The Sector cut everyone loose a little early so we could avoid traffic and give ourselves extra time to get home safely, so Tony and I went to see the Veronica Mars movie. I really enjoyed it, and as a non-fan of the show he thought it was okay. We both thought it was like watching one really long tv show, but it reminded me why I liked the show in the first place. If the only thing I associated with KickStarter was Veronica Mars and Cards Against Humanity, I'd still give it two thumbs up.

Yesterday we had an interesting day at Fort Desoto beach. The sun was out and it was just warm enough - but the wind in advance of today's storm was a nightmare! I tried to hit a volleyball with Tony's brother and niece, but that lasted about 2.7 seconds when the wind swiftly carried the ball halfway down the beach. Those who went in the water reported it was very cold, so I avoided it altogether, and I managed to get my sun fix in the grass out of the wind instead of the constant windstorm of the beach proper. We (and by "we" I mean Tony and Phil, not me) grilled burgers and brats and asparagus, and I ate some tremendously delicious pineapple as well. I love Florida produce!! Apparently you can by them on the side of the road (or at a produce market, same thing probably) for 2/$5. We skipped the fort, but one day I'd like to head back and check it out.

In a complete change of topic, I would like to say one perk of gaining weight is the boobage. The downside, however, is forking up funds to holster said boobage. Bras are expensive! But it's so much better to wear the correct size instead of waiting for the weight-loss related shrinkage to kick back in. Anyway. I really needed to go there, but I probably should have put up a TMI disclaimer first. Oh well. Tony's watching Monday Night Raw and I'm about to settle back in to my book. It's morbidly fascinating, or fascinatingly morbid. The book is called "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" by Mary Roach and I have no recollection as to why or how exactly it ended up on my reading list, but I'm so glad it did. She has a great sense of humor. And Tony said he loves watching me read it because apparently I make some very strange facial expressions. On that note, I'm off to go exercise my muscles by flinching, grimacing, wrinkling my nose, and maybe even laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.