Sunday, March 2, 2014

Empty Nest

Tony hired a lady named Dolores, from Tijuana, to clean our house. Mulva - I mean Dolores - and her team did a fantastic job; they cleaned the window tracks and folded the toilet paper like you see in hotels! I did that in the guest bathroom once when we had guests over, but they never mentioned it so I guess my attention to detail was lost on them, the humorless jerks.

Side note: the garage is now cleaner than ever before.

An empty house is quite echo-y, by the way. I miss the Turkish-style carpets. Also, it's much harder to play hide-and-seek there now. We turned the lights off and locked the door behind us, and are now happily settled in a hotel on base. Or on post, as I should probably learn to say. Of course, we still have to go back to check the mail and dispose of a flowerpot I accidentally left in the backyard, so it's not really good-bye yet. Hey, who wants to make bets on the delay in forwarding mail to our new address in Italy (wherever/whatever that may be)? Anyway, the hotel is comfy, I'm watching Disney cartoons on TV right now, and I have the last of my jambalaya chilling in the fridge until it's time for dinner. (Ha, see what I did there? Chilling in the fridge?)

My first post is dedicated to Dolores, who probably spent more time cleaning today than I have since I moved in. If anyone local wants her business information, let me know! I highly recommend her, and the rest of her team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.