Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday findings

Ah, the joys of finishing up on a Friday knowing your week's obligations are done. Has anybody else read "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"? There's a passage where Francie talks about her mother, a janitor, throwing her cleaning bucket in the corner with a special panache indicating she's done for the week. If I had a cleaning pail, I would throw it in the corner with as much flair as I could muster! Read the book.

This morning I finished my container inspection course; I passed. This doesn't mean I'm qualified to conduct inspections though. I still have to complete a bunch of practical tasks under the supervision of a qualified person. Maybe I will get the opportunity to continue working on it next week. If not, I will be focusing on my pollution response qualification. I'm in the sad position of waiting for 1) orders to a class and 2) hoping for a pollution event so I can finish up. Not that I WANT anyone to pollute the lovely waters if the greater Tampa Bay Area, but I need to work one or two more actual cases to finish up my practical tasks. And school, well, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen any time soon. Cross your fingers for me!

It has been a good week, and a busy one. We had dinner at Tony's dad's house one day, and all of the siblings showed up. It was a good crowd, and we played some more Cards Against Humanity. Always a good time, folks. The ribs were delicious, too! Oh and I got a cooking lesson from Tony's sister Amber; she made her infamous white chicken chili. Yum!

Tony got fitted for his tux this week, and picked out his shoes and tie and studs. He's going to look pretty handsome, if I do say so myself. I talked to the venue manager for our wedding, and we are close to finalizing all those details. In the next couple of days we will be all set with the timeline, meal, officiant, and dj. There's not too much else to report. This weekend I have to do some admin things, and we are going to be part of a moving crew, so I'll get a good workout loading the UHaul! Hopefully the weather stays nice; I've been enjoying the sunshine quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.