Monday, March 10, 2014

Whirlwind

The two of us had another great day at Universal last week; we went a little later and stayed almost until closing and enjoyed the park. It wasn't rainy, so the lines were a bit longer, but once again we took advantage of the single rider line again. Saturday we poked around a bit and then moseyed over to Crystal River to visit with Tony's mom and fiancé at their lake house. It was idyllic and peaceful, which may be redundant but I don't care! We spent time sitting on the dock soaking in the breeze and sunshine, watching Canadian ducks eat, and sipping tea and coffee. I was also lucky enough to get a lasagna-cooking lesson from Tony's mom. Plus, she sent us down to St. Pete with leftovers!

We got to the hotel early yesterday evening, and there was a hiccup with lodging, of course. Thankfully I got it sorted out pretty quickly, and it worked out for the best. I can even see the bay from the porch, whoo! Tony's dad is movin next weekend and had a few boxes of Tony's pre-Army stuff in the garage. It looked like a fun trip down memory lane for Tony, and I had fun observing it. Which reminds me, I should probably crawl around in my own dad's attic to make sure I don't have any stuff up there!

Work started up again for me today. I'm in the CITAT course, learning about container inspections. Today was a little dry, going through the regs and nomenclature and stuff. Hopefully it'll get a little better, and Thursday in the field should be fun. While I'm working tomorrow, Tony is going to get his tux! Less than three weeks until the wedding! After class today we took a walk down the Courtney Campbell Causeway (yay, alliteration!) along the beach, and had a fantastic seafood dinner at the restaurant in the Westin down the street. Oh! I also had my very first mint julep! It was a hundred times better than a mojito! In theory, I should love mojitos. I love all the components, but am not a fan of the drink. But a mint julep? Yum yum yum!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You might be a whiskey girl after all. And you beat me to the first julep - been wanting to try, but never have. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty delicious! Definitely better than a mojito.

      Delete

Please be respectful here.