Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bye, house!

I had my last massage at Hand & Stone this evening while Tony stayed behind and did laundry at the hotel. Something is either very wrong or very wonderful about this picture! But now I am relaxed and ready to hit the road early tomorrow morning. Our flight is at 0630, so we will be up and about at the crack of dawn. Actually we'll probably be checked in at the airport before the sun even thinks about appearing.

We also made one last pass by the house today. The mailbox is empty, I collected my flowerpot from the backyard, and everything is locked up for the next owners. Whoever they may be, I hope they show up soon! After that, we swung by the realtor's office to drop off keys, and donated a few more things to the local Goodwill. The attendant commented about the flowerpot being wet...hello, it's been raining for the last four days! To be fair, it's probably more because I rinsed it out with a hose before putting it in the rental car, but I did attempt to dry it off first.

It really hit home that this is really good-bye. We had lunch with some friends today, and Jamba Juice with another friend later this afternoon. It's not good-bye forever though, just for now! I'm sure our paths will cross again, and I hope this isn't the last I see of Washington. I can't say I'll miss the weather, but it's been a fun ride. I caught my first salmon here (on a fly rod! Thanks, Shane!), and made an awful lot of life changes in this neck of the woods. This is no time to be scmoopy though...as I always say, I'm trying not to be sad that it's over; I'm trying to be happy that it happened. Now, on to the next adventure!

I like how he rolled his cuffs.

Bye, house! I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful here.